This program allows you to translate between various attitude coordinate choices. The top set of coordinates are the ones that the user enters. After pressing the “Convert” button in the middle of the screen the result is displayed in the lower half of the screen.
The supported attitude coordinates include:
- The 12 sets of Euler angles sequences such as 3-2-1 and 3-1-3
- Classical Rodrigues Parameters
- Modified Rodrigues Parameters
- Quaternions and Euler parameters
- Principal Rotation Vector
- Principal Rotation Parameters
- Direction Cosine Matrix or the Rotation Matrix
A manual is included which briefly explains the various attitude coordinates.
The program is capable of input in units of degrees or radians, as appropriate. Some attitude coordinates are dimensionless and the interface will not show a Radians/Degree conversion button.
Some attitude coordinates are non-unique, and different values are possible. In this case an "alternate" button appears which allows the use to cycle through the multiple solutions.